Some self-help tools
- pay priority bill first, like your mortgage or rent and utilities on payday before you gamble.
- Distract yourself with other activities, spend time with people who don’t gamble, family, friends etc.
- If your struggling with debt contact someone that can help, Step change are a charity who specialise is helping people with their debts or the national debt line, or you can call our 24/7 helpline who ill be able to help you.
- View gambling as a way to make money and solve your debts, look at it as entertainment.
- Don’t bottle up your worries there are people that can help, call our helpline or gambler anonymous or talk to friends and family.
- Borrow money to gamble from credit cards or loans, you could end up owing money that you borrowed.