We use our feet a lot in our everyday life most of our foot injuries are down to natural wear and tear and will settle down within 6 weeks.
Facts & Figures:
- Feet are made up of 30 small joints and 26 bones.
- There are 100 muscles and tendons in our feet.
When to get advice:
- Most everyday foot issues will clear up after 6 weeks, if symptoms persist you should contact a healthcare professional.
Move or rest?
First 24 hours
- You cannot stand on your foot
- The pain is getting worse
- You have an open wound or skin is broken.
- There is no improvement after 6 weeks.
After 48 hours
- Try to use your leg as much as possible
- When going up the stairs reduce the strain on your foot by leading with your good leg.
- When going down the stairs reduce the strain on your foot by leading with good leg.
- Avoid doing heavy lifting or sports until you have better movement and less discomfort.
Check out the exercise in the tools sections