Back pain is very common and may not have an immediately obvious cause. Back pain may cause a hot burning sensation, shooting or stabbing pain which can sometimes move into your legs. On some occasions you may experience pins and needles which can be due to nerve damage. Back problems are rarely due to any serious conditions, but if you are still suffering after 6 weeks you should consult your GP.
- Back pain is usually resolved after 6 weeks
- The best treatment for back pain is how you look after your back
- 90% if the population suffer from back pain at some point.
If you have any of the following symptoms contact 111 asap:
- Difficulty passing or controlling urine
- Numbness around your genitals or back passage.\n\tSeek advice from your GP as soon as possible if you experience any of the below:
- Back problems have not improved in 6 weeks
- Lack of balance when you walk
- Weakness in one or both legs, numbness or pins and needles that hasn’t gone after 1 week.”